I could not resist taking a photo of this awesome carrot cake I made, I cant get over the size of it. I made it for the good friend that has left to go to Japan today 😦 and seeing it was her birthday I thought I would make one of her favourite cakes. It was so delicious that it did not last a day, I particulary liked the roasted walnuts ontop (that idea I got from Amber’s husband, who had made a very scrummy cake for our mothers group).
I have now included the recipe, enjoy!
1 cup vegetable oil
1 1/3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
3 cups firmly packed grated carrot
1 cup walnuts
2 1/2 cups SRF
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 30g softened butter
- 80g soft cream cheese
- 1 tsp lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup of roasted walnuts, chopped (cook for 15-30min in 180C oven)
- Preheat 180, grease deep 22cm round pan and line. If your pan is not deep (like mine) i just lined the edges with paper, with the paper 5cm above the edge of the pan.
- Beat oil, sugar and eggs until creamy.
- Stir in carrots and nuts then add the sifted dry ingrediants. Pour into pan.
- Bake in mod oven for 1 1/4 hrs. When cold top with frosting.
- Icing: beat butter, cheese and rind until light in colour. Beat in sifted sugar.
- Crumble the roasted walnuts on top.