This recipe is not for the sweet tooth. It is a delicious moist loaf cake that is great for littlies because of the low sugar and low fat. Its also so easy to make and is best made when your little tot is helping out.
Pear and Carrot Cake:
- 1 large very ripe pear or stewed pear chopped.
- I med carrot or small zucchini grated
- 1/4 C sultanas or chopped dates
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C canola oil
- 1/2 C yoghurt
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 C wheat germ
- 1 1/2 C SR flour
- Whisk the eggs, add the yogurt, oil and sugar.
- Add the carrot, pear and sultanas.
- Stir in the spice, wheatgerm and sifter flour.
- Put into a loaf tin and bake for approx hour in a mod oven (180C)