I am in the swing of making dresses for my Mellebug, with the completion of dress number 2 from the pattern Butterick B4176 “fast and easy”.
I found Amelia rummaging through my pattern box and she declared that this is the next dress to be made, pointing to the pink (of course). She we headed off to the fabric store for her to choose which fabric she wanted. After a few cringes at some ghastly fabric to my suprise she liked one with strawberries on it. Whilst waiting at the checkout I was looking through the remnants bin and found two meters of pink gingham at $1 a metre, bargain, thats what I am going to get.
So with cheap fabric, a secound hand pattern, buttons from the stash and I made my own bias binding it was set to be a super cheap dress. The pattern was as it states “fast and easy”, the only complaint is that it needs to be streamlined as its a bit balloned at the bottom. I also loved learning how to make a button loop, you learn something new everyday with sewing. I found this tutorial that has great pictures and is sew simple. Will definantly be doing that again.
Another success with her liking the dress. I will be going back to get the strawberry fabric to make another one and lucky for me for not buying it that day as tommorow it goes on sale, yeha!. I think next in line will be something for the wee man. Was thinking I would make a tutorial on making upcycled t-shirt pants but I have to get my hands on a cheap tee.
Till next time….